You are invited to join the chaos and fun of our first ever Zoom Pancake Party at 6pm on Shrove Tuesday. It’s never been done before (in this parish) and we are not quite sure exactly how it will pan out, but we know it will be fun and there will be lots of laughter! There is a Pancake Trivia quiz, and the chance for you read out the poems you have found or written on Pancakes or Shrove Tuesday. When it comes to the pancakes themselves there is a simple recipe below and we will have three competition classes:
- best tossed pancake (style and charisma, staying within camera range)
- best decorated pancake
- pancake decorated to look most like a member of the staff team
Zoom numbers are the same as zoom coffee. The party will last 45 minutes to an hour and is followed by a Celtic Eucharist for Shrove Tuesday at 7. 30pm on Facebook / web site as usual on Tuesday nights.
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
- Whatever your favourite toppings / decorations are…..
- Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk, 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- Serve with lemon wedges and caster sugar, jam, chocolate, marshmallows, sprinkles, custard, asparagus, mushrooms or whatever takes your fancy.