The Church of England General Synod aims to meet the Carbon Zero 2030 Challenge. In Kidlington and Hampton Poyle we recognise that we are stewards of God’s amazing and wonderful creation. We are keen to do our bit towards being Carbon Zero and lessening our impact on the environment generally. We consider it our duty as individuals and congregation to meet the challenge. Not just for ourselves but also for the benefit of future generations and the whole of Creation.
Doing so also fulfils the 4th and 5th Marks of Mission
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth
We now have an established Eco Team with the Mission Statement:
To provide leadership on achieving the Carbon Zero 2030 Challenge and other environmental matters – in our Church and in our lives.
Over the coming weeks we will be adding information about our work so far and plans for the future. We will also be drawing attention to other local activities working in this area, including Churches Together in Kidlington, our local councils and much more.
If you would like more information, please email Andy via the Parish Office.